Change the value of the number of instances programmatically in blue
I downloaded AutoScale from http://blog.maartenballiauw.be/post/2011/03/21/Windows-Azure-and-scaling-how-(NET).aspx and followed the instructions there. I added it as a reference to my existing azure project. But I'm not sure what exactly I should pass as user parameters for the 6 parameters needed for auto scaling.
I only want to change the number of instances of my worker role based on the number of documents being processed.
source to share
All of these options are specific to the Silverlight Management Management API and Management Interface
There are some more examples / tools for management APIs - for example http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/azurecmdlets/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Getting%20Started&version=1
There's also a commercial third party service that can help - see paraleap.com
Maarten tool has parameters:
Console.WriteLine(" AutoScale.exe <certificatefile> <subscriptionid> <servicename> <rolename> <slot> <instancecount>");
- To generate a certificate file, see the instructions from this cmdlet article or see the instructions at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/avkashchauhan/archive/2010/12/30/handling-issue-csmanage-cannot-establish-secure -connection-to-management-core-windows-net.aspx
- Subscription ID is available via silverlight azure lighting control interface
- Service name and role name is what you choose when creating a service in the UI and when creating a role in code
- The slot is "Production" or "Staging".
- instanceCount - how many instances you want to start
source to share