Magento - Uses and benefits of getOptionsByCode
I've seen Magento use this method "
" in the class "
" a lot, to retrieve / select Quote Item parameters by code. After printing each of the options for any item, I found this: -
Now here are my questions: -
- What is Magento trying to achieve with this "
" method or its advantages?
- Can this only be used for custom products or other composite product types?
- How do I determine which option codes are for the custom options of the corresponding product?
- What are the "
" and "
" options specifically used for?
- Are there any other use cases for custom parameters like custom attributes or something else?
Thanks everyone in advance!
source to share
Let me answer one at a time:
- Item parameters are the values that the user has selected to add that product to the cart (for example, various parameters and their selected values).
- All products use at least the info_buyRequest option. I really don't know about the others.
- I think they could be inside the "attributes" option, but I've never used custom parameters.
- info_buyRequest is used for qty specification and all other parameters. This is the initial request (which is later processed). The simple product is probably a real product that you add to the cart (i.e. the item might be a custom product, but you are adding a simple product to the cart).
- I really do not know. But if you need to figure out what options are selected for such a product, I think you should either check the attributes or just get simple_product and get its options.
source to share