How to set up a response header in JAX-RS so that Chinese characters display correctly in a custom generated file
How do I correctly create a "javax.ws.rs.core.Response" (which will be returned) that supports the Chinese character encoding in the Excel file?
To clarify, I have a file (CSV excel) that contains some kind of Chinese content and I need to return a javax response, which will then display the Chinese characters correctly in the document (client side).
I am currently doing the following:
return Response.status( 200 ) .header( "content-disposition", "attachment;filename=SampleCSV.csv;charset=Unicode" ) .entity( result ) .build();
but when this response is generated and returned to the client side (and a popup is displayed asking to download the file) the Chinese content in the excel file is tapestry.
Any suggestion would be much appreciated.
source to share
RFC that defines the content header does not mention the charset clause
Try adding the correct content-type header to your answer:
.header("Content-Type", "text/csv; charset=utf-8")
Make sure to use utf-8 and not unicode. If that works, you can remove the sentence
from the content header.
source to share
which is not valid as Unicode is not a single encoding. It is a character set with a family of encodings. UTF-8 and UTF-16 are commonly used encodings.
You can control the response header to influence how the browser / client interprets the response using annotation
. I've seen different opinions on whether this works:
- "I tried @Produces (" text / html; charset = UTF-8 ") but that was ignored and only text / html was sent with an HTTP header
- You can also use the ResponseBuilder.header (...) method to set the content type using an encoding.
- @Produces annotations send the correct encoding to the header, but do not change the body encoding
- "@Produces (" text / html; charset = UTF-8 ") works with current versions of the Jersey reference implementation."
- This worked for me in Jersey 1.12.
I'm pretty sure this only changes the encoding declared in the response headers; it doesn't change the encoding it actually used to convert the response string to bytes for sending over the network. The two must match, otherwise the browser / client will misinterpret the response because it thinks you used a different encoding than you actually did.
If you are returning a java.lang.String object, JAx-RS uses the default encoding to convert to a byte stream. If the JAX-RS server is running on Unix, it's UTF-8, which usually works well, but on Windows it's strange that it doesn't.
Therefore, you have to force it to use a specific encoding by wrapping the result object in
that specifies the encoding. This prevents JAX-RS from using the default transform.
To be specific, if
is a java.lang.String object in your code, you may need to create an OutputStreamWriter around it that specifies an encoding such as UTF-8 to affect the byte stream that JAX-RS writes to the network. I haven't tested this code, but it might work:
.entity(new OutputStreamWriter(result, "UTF-8"))
I had a problem with Tika submitting
and building it by default
, which uses the system default encoding instead of the predictable one.
I changed Tika to indicate the encoding when building
, and added annotation
and that fixed that for me.
source to share