IntelliJ Ultimate + Tomcat doesn't start browser on startup
I think first of all this is not a problem with configurations or other basic stuff (at least I think it is not) - I followed this tutorial: http://wiki.jetbrains.net/intellij/Creating_a_simple_Web_application_and_deploying_it_to_Tomcat
In principle, everything works, except for "launching the browser". If I press run it starts tomcat, even debugging is not a problem, but:
I need to manually point the browser to the page I want to view
Its a little annoying and I don't understand why. I've tried some workarounds (for example, suggesting it not use the "default browser", giving it the .exe path, disabling all other browsers). It's not the end of the world, but an extra click in the JSP (on the little firefox icon in the top right corner) means I need a mouse and it's not very convenient - I would rather just press a key and quickly preview the result and go back to the IDE to fix it errors.
So someone has had the same experience, are there any settings I am missing?
PS: I did the same with the JBOSS config a few days ago and there it launches the browser with no problem - maybe its my machine, try another machine tomorrow to see if there is a systematic problem.
I am getting this message so the server is starting, maybe they changed the logging level and intellij doesn't "get" that the server is running:
Information: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"] Mrz 26, 2012 9:17:53 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start Information: Starting ProtocolHandler ["ajp-bio-8009"] Mrz 26, 2012 9:17:53 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start Information: Server startup in 556 ms
source to share
In the IntelliJ IDEA output pane, you should see the following:
INFO: Server startup in 141 ms Connected to server
If you don't see these messages, your browser won't open. IDEA detects the Server Startup Complete event from the logs. In case your application (or your server installation) configures Tomcat logging through its own logging configuration, IDEA might not be able to detect when the server starts up and open a browser.
source to share