Joomla 2.5 administration and global configuration page

We recently upgraded our site from Joomla 1.7 to Joomla 2.5. Everything seems to work fine except for one page, which is the global config page. See:

I've tried reloading admin files and checking permissions. Any idea?


source to share

2 answers

I think the Javascript and CSS files used on the site have changed, but the names of these files remain the same. As a result, your web browser continues to use the previously downloaded versions of the files.

It is not the Joomla cache causing the problem - it is the browser cache. The next time you are in / administrator / area, press the refresh / reload button while holding down the shift key on your keyboard. If you're using Google Chrome, hold down the Ctrl key instead and you may need to do this twice, but no more. If it doesn't work after two tries, then the error lies somewhere else.

If your problem is not resolved above - view the HTML source on the page that is the problem. You will likely find errors or warnings in the html that breaks functionality. It is possible that there is a fatal error somewhere near the end of the page - if it was displayed in the middle of the html tag, it may not be visible until you view the source.

Alternatively, you may encounter a fatal error and your server can be configured to not show errors - in which case, check the server error log. Your hosting control panel may have a "last 50 errors" output, so if you enter your hosting control panel in one tab, throw an error in another and then go to the "last 50 errors" area of ​​the control panel, able to quickly see the cause of the problem ...



Check the error log. I had a page with my global config similar to yours. It turned out that the errors were as follows:

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class JDatabaseMySQLi in /var/www/vhosts/ original.backup on line 567, referer:


I had (1) a file named mysqli.php original.php

in /libraries/joomla/database/database

which is a backup mysqli.php

in the same folder. It turns out joomla parses all files in the folder as php files and hence the reuse error. I put the file in subdir and the problem was resolved.



All Articles