Url rewrite not working after changing site url

Since we want to launch the website, I had to change the url of devdom.com to liveom.com , the start page loaded , but I cannot load other pages unless I deactivate the pretty url / permalink settings! It worked fine before I changed the site url. If I use any permalink setting, the server gives me a 404 not found message.

What I've done:

  • changing property DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE

    in wp-config.php
  • change WP_HOME

    and WP_SITEURL

    using wp-config.php (i checked it in db, values ​​were updated properly)
  • Run search db replace script (see https://interconnectit.com/products/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/ ) which worked fine

content of my .htaccess:

# WordPress
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^ - [L]
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $2 [L]
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
RewriteRule . index.php [L]
# Media Library
php_value upload_max_filesize 64M
php_value post_max_size 64M
php_value max_execution_time 300
php_value max_input_time 300
# Disallow access to important files
<FilesMatch "(^\.|wp-config\.php|xmlrpc\.php|(?<!robots)\.txt|(liesmich|readme)\.*)">
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
# Prevent Directory Listings
Options -Indexes


I am using apache on ubuntu server, wordpress version 4.0.

Hope you guys can help me, would appreciate it.



****** UPDATE ******

  • I'm not sure if this matters, but this is a network / multisite installation .
  • also, I set the directive ServerName

    to www.livedom.com in vshost / etc / apache2 / sites-available / www.devdom.com.conf file

source to share

1 answer

Yes, I did it! There are various other pages in this same field due to the fact that vhosts allows all of these pages to run.

Now what I came up with:

  • copied the old vhost config file to the new one: cp devdom.com.conf livedom.com.conf

  • new vhost registered: a2ensite livedom.com.conf

  • unregistred the old vhost, removed the old vhost config file: a2dissite devdom.com.conf

    rm devdom.com.conf

  • restarted the rewrite module: a2dismod rewrite

    a2enmod rewrite

after each step I restarted the apache service: service apache2 restart

which helped :)



All Articles