Get the time between when an incoming call is connected to the carrier and when the call is answered by Twilio
Is there a way to get the time between when an incoming call connects to the carrier and when Twilio answers it?
This is how I understand the flow for an upcoming call through the Twilio system:
- Caller dials "Twilio"
- Caller operator connects call to Twilio
- Twilio connects to my application to request instructions
- My app tells Twilio to call the called party's phone
- Twilio connects to the caller
- The call operator discovers the phone (if it is a mobile phone)
- When the caller finds the phone, the called party's phone starts ringing
- The responder answers the phone or calls going to voicemail, either way the call was "answered"
- Twilio detects that the call has been answered
Is there a way to get the time delta between # 5 and # 9?
source to share