Stripe subscription plan with trial but immediate payment and expiration date
I am using a
payment gateway. I am working on a project with pay
Basically I have
, created on
1) Free - 14 days, $0.00 , No trial, Should NOT be auto renewed 2) Basic - 1 Month, $15.00, No trial, auto renewed 3) Pro - 1 Month, $25.00, No trial, auto renewed
I have some doubts about the following:
1) Is credit card information required when a customer signs up for a plan
? What if I don’t want to provide it yet and am still subscribing to the plan
2) I don't want the plan to
be automatically updated. So
any client in the plan
, how can I determine the end of a period or cycle using a webhook since there is no end / period date for the plan? I want
after 14 days
and redirect them to choose
credit card details
3) For plans
a period is set
. But still I want to provide
14 days trial
some specific clients. Is it possible, setting
4) If I specify an attribute
created after the trial period ends
. Correct me? If so, what if I want to charge them immediately but still need to have a trial period?
source to share
1) No, no. No credit card information required. This way you can subscribe without credit card details. Credit card information is stored in
and is optional. I tried. Create a subscription
2) The subscription is always automatically renewed. If you don't want your subscription to automatically renew, you can subscribe without a credit card. Thus, when the system tried to resume and failed, it will be equal to
. See Subscription Object in Status Attribute.
3) Yes, it is possible. You can install / update trial_write.
4) Yes. But I guess you can't blame them immediately, but they have to go through the trial period.
My question is: Why do you have 3 plans without trial?
My suggestion : you should have 3 plans, and for a plan
, 14 days. Therefore, when a user selects a plan
, they will have a 14 day trial and no credit card required. Then when the trial period is extended and it will automatically renew and the renewal payment will fail (due to lack of credit card). Therefore, the user must change the plan to
to credit card details. And for these plans, he has to charge them immediately, without trial (trial_end = now).
Without a credit card, the attempt to pay for the subscription will fail after this test and the subscription will be flagged as a misdemeanor. You might think this is helpful
For more information on Stripe Trial you can follow this link Using Trial Periods on Subscriptions
source to share
1) I would handle this in your program. (without connecting to the strip). Let them sign up through your site without credit card details and then membership when 14 days is up, so when they log in, it prompts them to choose a plan.
2) If you handle this as I suggested in number 1, the memberships will expire and not renew.
3) Yes, credit card information will be accepted but will not be charged until the end of the trial period.
4) You can give the customer the option to accept the trial period or not, but I'm sure most users will prefer it because they like getting 14 days for free.
source to share